Mathieu’s passion for cinema & nature guided him to perform a year of study at IFFCAM, the French wildlife film school, after he graduated in wildlife conservation at Salford university (UK).
Since 2008, he is directing films to tell stories about his fascination for strong relationships between man and the wild environment.
The documentary film genre allows him to stage his characters playing at their own role, adopting a more intimate approach when filming on the field. He also looks for personnal aesthetics & evocative atmosphere in his visual style & cinematography.
Work with Canon 5D Mark II & Mark III
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L || USM
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
- Canon EF 35 mm f/2 IS USM
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
- Rode Videomic Pro Microphone
- Handheld recorder Zoom H4n
- HF Sennheiser EW 122-p G3
- Tripod Miller Compass 15
- Tripod Sirui T-025X
- Glidecam HD 2000
- Slide Kamera HSK-6 800 PRO
- Camera GoPro HERO3 Black Edition
Editing & post-production
Final Cut Studio – Pro 7
After Effects CS5
Photography by © Ambre de l’Alpe